Sunday, September 11, 2011

Furniture Sale

The other day I was sitting at an intersection near my house and noticed this woman standing on the far corner. On this particular corner there is a furniture store and this woman was holding an advertisement for the store. There are always people advertising for different stores at this intersection so this is nothing out of the ordinary. But I couldn’t help but stare at this woman while waiting for the light to turn green. She was so still, and was leaning against the light pole. It seemed unnatural, most of these advertisers are twirling their signs trying to get your attention. But, I couldn’t blame her, it is 112 degrees out. I wouldn’t want to be there either. But, then I finally realized that this woman wasn’t really a woman, she was a mannequin! I had a good laugh out loud in my car. I apparently need glasses. Here is my new friend at the corner. I see her often and laugh every time.

004

2 comments:

  1. That is great! She looks real from here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...how come I didn't know you had a blog? What a treat! Can I add you to the sidebar on mine? (thehunzikers.blogspot.com). I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --Beth

    ReplyDelete