Sunday, August 14, 2011

Old people…

Love me! I attract them. Over the last 7 1/2 yrs I have been working at a nursing facility I must have built a magnet around me. They talk to me in line at the store or at the temple or church. It always makes me laugh. I love it! Old people love me, and I love old people.

Speaking of older people. I went to the temple the other night to do initiatories and met the funniest old lady working there. I have actually met her before and remembered how funny she was, so I was excited to see her again. Sister Horton is her name. And we got well acquainted. Every time I would step into her section of the initiatory she would just beam at me and say “fantastic.” She loved me! I couldn’t help but smile the whole time there just because of her. She is so animated as she speaks. I hope I get to see her again.

And speaking of the temple…I went there Saturday morning to babysit my 4 nieces as their parents went to a sealing. We walked around the visiting center and looked at the statues of Christ. We talked about the nail prints in his hands and feet. We also watched a video on the importance of family and how the temple is what allows us to be together forever. I felt the spirit so strongly being there with these 4 cute little girls. It was fun to teach them of Christ and talk about the temple. I got a little bit of a glimpse of what it is to be a mom. A worker at the visiting center asked me if they were my beautiful daughters. I sadly had to confess they were not mine. Smile  I am grateful they have wonderful parents that are already teaching them the gospel. I am grateful I get to be their aunt!

1 comment:

  1. You know, your social life would pick up dramatically if you'd just accept dates from the older crowd. I'm just sayin'....

    Ma

    ReplyDelete